For those in the know, the 50 watt head has been an underground secret in the world of rock and roll for three decades. Offering a truly useable power band with a bright, fast top end, the vibe of these mid-power amps has always been brash and urgent, with a rebel disposition.
To create the American version of this genre, we took all the essential circuitry and ingredients of our fabled Dual Rectifier® and simply stepped down the displacement to a single pair of power tubes. At Mesa®, we only know one way to do things: the traditional, hand-built, all-tube way. And with a bloodline like the Dual Rectifier, who would dare tarnish such an icon? Last of all us!
Based on a diode-rectified, two-channel platform, we’ve included all the highly-developed pre-amp voicings found aboard its big-powered relatives. Channel One sports two modes: the tight and spanking Clean —which can be dialed up to a classic vintage purr, and Pushed for a spicy, brown, mid-gain clip.
Channel Two boasts the identical three modes offered by the Road King™ and the Dual/Triple Rectifiers®: Raw, Vintage and Modern high gain. These three voicings cover the spectrum in a stair-step format with Raw making the transition from furry-clean through a bluesy, roots clip. Then Vintage High-Gain takes over and continues up the gain scale into a liquid, violin voice that glows with amber warmth. And finally …Modern. This blistering High Gain mode delivers pure Recto aggression, the heaviest sound ever, and featured on countless recordings and stages world-wide.FEATURES
- Handcrafted in Petaluma, California
- 50 Watts, Class A/B Power / 2x6L6, 5x12AX7
- Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 2 Channels, 5 Modes (Channel 1=Clean or Pushed, Channel 2=Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb and Master Controls per Channel
- Spring Reverb
- Output Level Control (over all channels)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control - Patent 6,724,897
- Parallel FX Loop w/Mix Control
- Slave Out
- Condition: Very Good (Used)
- Brand: Mesa Boogie
- Model: Recto-Verb 50 Combo
- Finish: Black
- Categories: Guitar Combos
- Year: 2004
- Made In: United States