Guild's iconic arched back makes its return in the Westerly D-240E dreadnought acoustic-electric. The purpose of this trademark feature is twofold: principally, it reduces weight and increases live projection. But it also pays tribute to some of Guild's popular models, such as the D-25 and F-30. The result is a great-playing, easy-traveling guitar with Guild's unmistakable look. The Westerly D-240E harks back to Guild's golden-era flat tops with some exciting vintage specs, including a body made from premium woods, a classic Guild C-shaped neck, and a retro red tortoiseshell pickguard. The D-240E includes the AP-1 pickup for a clean sound that plugs straight into a PA.
Guild Acoustics: a heritage built on great woods and features
Guild's heritage as one of America's premier early guitar makers is acknowledged in the D-240E. Solid Sitka spruce and mahogany meet in a traditional dreadnought body with an arched back for a big sound and great playing experience. A real bone nut and saddle deliver golden-era sustain and clarity. And a 1960s red tortoiseshell pickguard gives this guitar a look that was made to be seen.
Guild AP-1 pickup captures this Westerly's natural acoustic voice
The Westerly series' AP-1 piezo pickup is one of the better options Sweetwater has seen in this price range. The sound is full and dynamic onstage, and it pairs great with a microphone for recording parts at home or in the studio. Volume and tone controls are mounted directly in the soundhole for easy access, and for a look that won't detract from your guitar's natural beauty.
Engineered for a comfortable playing experience
The D-240E's clean playability will help channel all your creative ideas into beautiful music. Seasoned players will notice right away the D-240E's slinky string action all along the 25.5" scale length C-shaped neck. The 1-11/16" nut width spaces out strings suitably for strumming, flatpicking, or fingerstyling, with a good amount of real estate that neither feels cramped nor causes you to reach uncomfortably.
Guild D-240E Westerly Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Iconic arched back pays tribute to Guild's early acoustics
- Unique design is lighter and louder than comparably sized guitars
- Dreadnought body captures the traditional acoustic tone: big, woody, and vibrant
- Matte finish looks great under stage lights
- Vintage-profiled C-shaped neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard plays comfortably
- 1960s red tortoiseshell pickguard looks great onstage
- Bone nut and saddle enhance sustain and clarity
- 1-11/16" nut width suits strummers to fingerstylists
- 25.5" scale length has a slinky-smooth action
- Guild AP-1 pickup system provides a clean sound for the stage and studio
Serial Number: #G21803076
Our luthier did a complete setup. Brand new strings were installed. Gig ready on Arrival!
Complete Package with Guild Deluxe Gig Bag Included!
Due to CITES Treaty for Endangered Wood (Mahogany, Rosewood) We no longer ship out of the USA.
Cosmetics: Excellent Condition. Pristine. Dripping with "Mojo". It is used. Not perfect. Look at the pictures closely. They will tell the story.
Top 40 guitars is a Veteran owned business.
- Condition: Mint (Used)
- Brand: Guild
- Model: D-240E Westerly Series
- Finish: Natural
- Categories: Built-in Electronics
- Year: 2018